While offering a wide range of litigation and counseling services, the firm centers its practice on franchise matters. The firm represents both franchisors and franchisees.
Among the many types of business disputes in which the firm has served its clients are:
- system-wide franchise disputes
- commercial contract cases
- business tort claims
- trademark disputes
- unfair competition claims
- partnership disputes
Recent Litigation Matters
A sampling of recent litigation matters in which the firm has been involved:
- The firm recently defended a closely-held corporation in an involuntary dissolution proceeding brought by a shareholder in Fairfax County Circuit Court, and ultimately facilitated a mutually agreeable conclusion through mediation.
- The firm is representing a franchisor in arbitration initiated by a franchisee for alleged fraud in the inducement of its franchise agreement and for breach of contract.
- The firm recently represented a defendant in the damages phases of a complex case that arose from the sale of a tech industry business. Plaintiff sought over $10 million in damages for breach of contract and an array of business torts. The matter settled quickly after trial on terms very favorable to the firm’s client before the court issued its ruling.
- The firm obtained judgment after trial in the Circuit Court of Fairfax County in favor of franchisor Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems on the franchisee’s claims for breach of contract and fraud in the inducement of the franchise agreement in Kingz & Queenz Enterprises, Inc. v. Nabico Management Services Inc.
- The firm obtained summary judgment in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (Alexandria Division) for firm client Fransmart, LLC on complex contract and business tort claims in Fransmart, LLC v. Freshii Development, LLC.
In addition to its vigorous representation of clients in litigation and in arbitration, the firm has substantial experience in advising clients on the prevention and resolution of business disputes.
The firm also frequently counsels entrepreneurs concerning:
- franchise agreements
- franchise disclosure documents
- business entity organization
- special industry laws
- commercial contracts
To learn more about how the firm can help you and your business with your legal matters, please contact Ms. Lokker directly.